Wait is finally over. Team Evad3rs has finally released untethered jailbreak for iOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1 in the form of easy to use software which they named as Evasi0n. It’s compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch models and you can use this program on Windows, Mac and Linux. It would work on more than 22 Apple devices except Apple TV.
- You should be on any iOS version from 6.0 to 6.1.
- Your computer must be runningÂ Windows (XP or later), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- Make sure that your device is connected to your Computer via USB cable.
- We highly recommend you to backup your phone or tablet by using iTunes or iCloud. It would help you in getting your data back if something unexpected happens, although chances are pretty low.
- People who are using tethered jailbreak can simply download “Evasi0n 6.x Untether” program from Cydia to enjoy untethered features.
How To Guide
1. It’s very important that you disable “Passcode lock” on your device from Settings > General. You can check screenshot below for the help.
2. If iTunes is running then weÂ recommendÂ you to quit it as it might cause some problems in the process.
3. Run Evasi0n program you downloaded earlier on your system.
4. If your phone or tablet is not connected to the computer then connect it with lightning cable or 30-pin connector.
5. Hi the “Jailbreak” button and wait for a few minutes. The process will be completed within five minutes. After rebooting, jailbreak injection and installation of Cydia, Evasi0n will require you to unlock your device. Unlock it by using “Slide to Unlock” option andÂ you’ll see “Jailbreak” app on your device homescreen.
6. Tap on this icon and you’ll see your device going blank for few intervals. After some time, you’ll be back on homescreen. After some automated process you’ll get “Jailbreak Complete” message from Evasi0n. Now you should see Cydia on the homescreen of your phone or tablet.